- When you visit the Website, or purchase any products or services offered on the Website, the Business may collect information including your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and expiry date, items or services purchased, quantity purchased and such other relevant information which the Business deems necessary to process your order and provide maintenance and support services. Where necessary, the information collected is transmitted in a secure manner to third parties to assist the Business to process your order and provide maintenance and support services.
- The Business may also use aggregate information and statistics, [(but, which will not contain your identifying information)] for the purposes of monitoring your usage of the site in order to help the Business develop the Website and the products and services offered by the Business. The Business may provide such aggregate information to third parties. [ Comment: Note that while we have provided that GB Forklifts Ltd. may use the data for the purposes set out in Clauses 1.3 – 1.7 to maximize GB Forklifts Ltd.’ protection, please note that as a general rule, GB Forklifts Ltd. may only use the data obtained to process the purchase or transaction for which the data was obtained for unless more ‘explicit consent’ from the data subject is obtained e.g. a box to tick to say they consent or do not consent (see attached document in covering email). As such, if you want to use the data for other purposes other than to process the purchase or transaction for which the data is obtained including the purposes set out in Clauses 1.3 – 1.7, you are advised to obtain ‘explicit consent’ of the data subject e.g. by using the example tick boxes in attached document in covering email.]
- The Business may collect information which is based upon your behaviour and navigation on the Website. This information allows the Business to carry out internal research on the users’ interest, demographics and behaviour so that the Business can better understand, and in turn provide better information, products and services to you and other customers.
- The Business and companies within the Business’ group companies may also wish to provide you with information about special features of the Website or any other service or products the Business thinks may be of interest to you.
- The Business may also want to provide you with related information from third parties which it thinks may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish the Business to send you any information set out in Clauses 1.3 to 1.7 above, please send an e-mail using the Enquiry Form
- The internet is not a secure medium. However, the Business has put in place various security procedures and strict policy rules to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorised and unlawful access and use. These security procedures and policy which are of the highest standards are continuously improved.
- Notwithstanding the above, it should be appreciated that no system is entirely fool proof and you should be careful when you reveal any confidential information to any third party.
- If this Business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to the Business’ advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the Business.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may use the AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. GB Forklifts Ltd. and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. This means that vendors including Google may display GB Forklifts Ltd. promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|