Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
We are monitoring the changing situation surrounding Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) closely. As the situation develops, we will adapt accordingly to minimise the impact that this has on the health and well being of our employees, their families, our customers and anyone else who is affected by our actions. This is our primary objective.
We have already taken action and made several strategic decisions regarding our business operations as follows:-
- An immediate ban from all suppliers & visitors to GB Forklifts Ltd. Prior authorisation must be given to attend from a Director on a case by case basis. Please call on (01452) 731350 or email us.
- An immediate ban on visitors to GB Forklifts Ltd. sites unless the visit is deemed safety critical.
- All GB Forklifts Ltd. training courses may be available but this is changing on a daily basis.
- If employees develop any of the symptoms described, we are advising that they must self-isolate for 14 days. If medical help is needed, they should contact the NHS service on 111 and keep their manager updated.
For those that are still coming into GB Forklifts Ltd. we advise the following (and to those at home).
- Wash your hands regularly and always when entering the building and before eating.
- Be especially careful in busy/public places about touching things and then touching your face
- Regularly clean, not just your hands, but commonly used surfaces and devices you touch or handle.
- Where possible keep your distance from other people (at least one metre away).
- If you need to sneeze or cough use a tissue or bent elbow as recommended.
We are sharing the following links for further advice (which we have shared with our employees also):
Please note: We have also put measures in place to ensure (under the current situation) the continuous running of the business. We will keep this page updated as the situation changes. Please contact your GB Forklifts Ltd. representative if you require more information.
Ian & Karen Butler (Directors)
We actively encourage you to contact us during this time (either via our normal office number or email) as you may experience issues that you have never come across before. By contacting us sooner we can help with a pro-active approach to your individual issue and guide you accordingly on the best way forward.
We trust that you understand the introduction of our temporary measures to protect our colleagues and their families, as well as the wider community.